Sunday, March 18, 2007

Why not Slovenian language?


Hello

First let me say it's nice to see some comments this past days, and all thou not all of them are in English, they are still welcomed;) Now I'm briefly going to answer you, the question I'd been asked numerous times since I've started this blog. The question is of course, why do I write in English?

There are some general reasons why I'm writing in English. I'm not ashamed of writing in Slovenian as some of you suggested, I'm proved to be able to speak Slovenian language or should I say I'm blessed;) But all thou it is useful while walking on Slovenian soil and while you’re talking "behind peoples backs" aboard, it is not language with which I can address my audience. Why you ask? Well because I've got information that proves most of visitors on this site are non-Slovenian speaking and therefore they can't understand a word I’d wrote in Slovenian. Plus my Slovenian writing is as bad as English or maybe even worst. I'm not ashamed to tell you that since it's is a fact, which can be proven with my test results in High school. So for all of you who think that because I was an exchange student in Denmark for few months all of a sudden I've forgot my native language or I'm ashamed of it, think again. That is not even close to the truth. I've chosen to wrote in English because I can, I think I can express myself better and because my public can speak English as well. I'd write in German, but well let's not start with that o.k.;)
At the end I'd like to ask people who post comments to use English language, since comments are for other people to see them as well. Thanks and I hope you'd enjoy my explanation. Next time I'm going to discuss another question I’m tired of answering every time I see an old acquaintances and that is "What's the difference between Slovenia and Denmark?"

3 comments:

Virenque said...

Write in English..there are probably no more than a few slovenes on blogger.. :D

Kure said...

That is my plan;)

lp

Kure

Anonymous said...

Well written article.